Get ready for the third episode of Up Next. Today, we're talking with Jens Mannanal, COO and co-founder of Passionfroot.
Growing up with immigrant parents in Germany, Jens went to some of Europe's top business schools before he started his career as a consultant at Bain in India - a decision many questions but that turned out to be golden.
We talk success, how he realized that the corporate ladder wasn't for him, and how he finally took the courage to start his own company. We also talk about whether or not he's happy with what he's built and how to minimize regrets.
Listen, leave a review, snap a screenshot, and DM it to me (twitter.com/PaulElijas) for an exclusive Up Next sticker.
- (00:00) - Intro
- (01:17) - Jens' job
- (01:54) - Jens as a highschooler
- (04:58) - His University experience
- (07:53) - Definition of success in his 20s
- (08:40) - Doing an MBA
- (11:31) - Starting a high paying career as a consultant
- (17:26) - Realizing money isn't success
- (19:26) - Leaving everything behind
- (23:17) - Why he didn't start a company earlier
- (26:42) - Why he lives in Germany
- (28:53) - The goal of Passionfroot (his company)
- (30:38) - Are they successful?
- (32:44) - What he wants to achieve
- (36:43) - Minimizing regrets
- (40:55) - Is he happy?
- (43:08) - The 2 best decisions of his life
- (45:24) - How he came up with the name for this podcast
- (46:54) - Outro